Some strange things have been rattling around in my head lately...so to cut down on the noise, I'm gonna spill them here. Tho they're phrased as questions, I'm really not looking for advice or answers...they're more of the "things to think about" variety.
1. Do you think God gets angry when conservative Christians and Islamic zealots recognize only one of His faces, and condemn all the rest?
2. Why is it so hard for many people (like myself) to conceive of a God that cares about the individual?
3. Why is it so easy for others to conceive of God as their personal pitbull?
4. Where's the love? No, really. Where is it?
5. And if we can't have the love...how about the simple kindness?
6. Is God really just "a kid with an ant farm." (from the film Constantine)
7. In cases of natural disaster, is it possible to sue God for child abuse?
...discuss amongst yourselves...
Slang of the day: God's medicine: narcotic drugs (Nelson Algren, The Man with the Golden Arm)